Peatland Group of the Finnish Board on Ecological Restoration
The Finnish Expert Group for Peatland Restoration was established as a part of the Finnish Board on Ecological Restoration (FBER). The FBER Peatland Group concentrates on issues related to ecological restoration of forestry-drained peatlands, especially in protected areas.
FBER Peatland Group
- designs monitoring schemes to study ecological effects of peatland restoration
- formulates guidelines for restoration of peatlands
- promotes the co-operation between research and practical management related to peatland restoration
- provides expert knowledge on peatland restoration
- organizes courses and seminars on peatland restoration.
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland: Tuomas Haapalehto, Santtu Kareksela, Sakari Rehell, Maarit Similä, Pekka Vesterinen
- Metsähallitus Forestry Ltd: Reijo Hokkanen, Timo Nyman
- Ministry of the Environment: Aulikki Alanen
- University of Eastern Finland: Teemu Tahvanainen
- Finnish Environment Institute: Kaisu Aapala (chair), Tapani Sallantaus
- Natural Resources Institute Finland: Aleksi Räsänen
- Tapio Group: Samuli Joensuu
- Finnish Forest Centre: Irmeli Ruokanen
- Regional Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment in Southern Ostrobothnia: Olli Salo.
The group meets 2–4 times a year. One of the meetings is usually a field excursion.
Contact information: Senior researcher Kaisu Aapala, tel. +358 295 251 052, email email@example.com