Permits for Research and Photography
A permit is always needed for research work carried out in protected areas. Photographing is mainly allowed if the animals are not disturbed and the vegetation not damaged. In certain cases also a permit for photography is needed.
An application for a permit is a free form, but applications must be signed. The signed application can be sent by mail or as an attached file by e-mail to Metsähallitus. Assessing applications takes about 2 months.
What is needed in the application?
RESEARCH PERMIT APPLICATION or PHOTOGRAPHY PERMIT APPLICATION written at the top.
Send the application to the registry office of Metsähallitus:
Metsähallitus / kirjaamo
or by e-mail:
Name, address, telephone and e-mail
- Title, aim and time scale of the project (described in an appendix, if necessary)
- Research subject: such as sample taking, moving in a restricted area
- The point in time when or by which the research will be carried out (assessing applications takes about 2 months.)
- The number of assistants, names if necessary
- Special needs, such as building temporary constructions
- The name of the protected area
- Specific sites, map enclosed if necessary
Date and signatures
List of appendixes, if necessary