Offshore wind power news from Finnish territorial waters
Subscribe to the newsletter
Want to keep up to date with our offshore wind power activities? By subscribing to our newsletter, you will receive the latest information directly to your email.
Find our latest offshore news on this page.
If you are looking for the latest news on the Korsnäs offshore project, please click here.
- The Metsähallitus’ offshore wind power project seabed soundings moving forward (10 August 2023)
- EY and Hannes Snellman to advise on offshore wind energy projects (30 June 2023)
- The Geological Survey of Finland carries out seabed soundings in Metsähallitus’s offshore wind power projects (27 June 2023)
- Metsähallitus to launch tendering processes for Pyhäjoki-Raahe and Närpiö offshore wind farms – 3 GW of new offshore wind power in Finland (2 June 2023)
- Närpiö approved the zoning initiative for an offshore wind farm (31 May 2023)
- Hailuoto approved the zoning initiative for an offshore wind farm (27 April 2023)
- Raahe approved the zoning initiatives for two offshore wind farms (26 April 2023)
- Pyhäjoki municipality approved the zoning initiative for an offshore wind farm (19 April 2023)
- Siikajoki municipality approved the zoning initiatives for the offshore wind farms (13 April 2023)
- Finland to tender 6,000 MW of offshore wind power in 2023-2024 (6 April 2023)
- Metsähallitus and Vattenfall agreed on the first major offshore wind farm project in Finland (22 December 2022)
- Metsähallitus received area leasing permits for Finland’s first offshore wind farms (8 July 2022) – in Finnish
- Finnish Metsähallitus launches partner selection for its 1.3 GW Korsnäs offshore wind power project (17 December 2021)
- Ministerial Committee on Economic Policy supports auction model for leasing public water areas for offshore wind power production (Finnish Government, press release, 8 December 2021)