Steering Group of the Finnish Board on Ecological Restoration
Organisations responsible for ecological restoration and management, members of such organisations, and their role in the Steering Group for the Finnish Board on Ecological Restoration (FBER)
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
Ministry responsible for: ecological restoration and management outside protected areas.
- Senior Advisor Ville Schildt, M.Sc. (Agr. & For.)
Ministry of the Environment
Ministry responsible for: ecological restoration and management in protected areas.
- Environment Counsellor Aulikki Alanen, Phil.Lic.
Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland
Responsible for planning and implementation of ecological restoration and management and impact monitoring in state-owned protected areas and protected areas under private ownership, in cooperation with landowners.
- Specialist Kaija Eisto, M.Sc.: 1st Chairperson
- Conservation Biologist Katja Raatikainen, M.Sc.: Secretary, Chairperson of the Finnish expert group for semi-natural grasslands in Finland (FBER Grassland group)
- Specialist Jari Ilmonen, Ph.D.: Specialist for Inland Water restoration
Metsähallitus Forestry Ltd
Responsible for habitat restoration in state-owned multiple-use forests.
- Sustainable Development Manager, D. Sc, Antti Otsamo
Researches on habitat restoration and participates in the work of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES).
- Senior Lecturer Panu Halme, Ph.D
Natural Resources Institute Finland
Conducts research on ecological restoration and monitoring, related in particular to the Forest Biodiversity Programme METSO.
- Professor Anne Tolvanen, Ph.D.
State-owned company providing services in developing sustainable forest management.
- Lauri Saaristo, Ph.D, Director, Environment and Ecosystems: Secretary; Chairperson of the Finnish Expert Group for Forest Restoration (FBER Forest Group)
The Finnish Forest Centre
Responsible for the planning, steering, financing and development of ecological restoration and management.
- Chief Specialist in nature management, Riitta Raatikainen
The Finnish Environment Institute SYKE
Responsible for the development of ecological restoration and management methods and the related research and expertise. The Finnish Environment Institute SYKE is responsible for general ecological restoration policies, in collaboration with Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Project Manager Saija Kuusela, PhD: 2st Chairperson
- Senior Researcher Kaisu Aapala, M.Sc: Secretary; Chairperson of the Finnish Expert Group for Peatland Restoration (FBER Peatland Group).