World Heritage List Sites in Metsähallitus Areas
The Struve Geodetic Arc was accepted onto the World Heritage List in 2005 as an achievement in science and technology. Six of the arc’s measurement points are located in Finland, including three in Metsähallitus areas: in Tarvantovaara Wilderness Area, at Aavasaksa and on Mustaviiri Island in Eastern Gulf of Finland National Park.
The Kvarken Archipelago (see picture) became Finland's first natural heritage site on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2006.
Metsähallitus also manages sites which are being considered for the World Heritage List.
- UNESCO World Heritage (whc.unesco.org)
- UNESCO's State Parties: Finland (whc.unesco.org)
Includes sites inscribed and on the Tentative List
- World Heritage Sites in Finland (www.minedu.fi)
- Kvarken Archipelago as a World Heritage Site (www.kvarkenworldheritage.fi)
- Kvarken Archipelago Nature Reserve (www.outdoors.fi)