Certified Protected Areas in Finland
Finland's protected areas have been awarded with a number of diplomas and certicifations.
The Council of Europe
European Diploma of Protected Areas of the Council of Europe
- Ekenäs Archipelago National Park (1996, 2001 and 2007)
- Seitseminen National Park (1996, 2001 and 2007)
The EUROPARC Federation
European Charter for Sustaiable Tourism
- Syöte National Park (2004 and 2011)
- Koli National Park (2007 and 2012)
- Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park (2013)
Transboundary Certificate (TransParcNet Members)
- Oulanka National Park of Finland and Paanajärvi National Park of Russia (2005, 2011, 2016)
- Pasvik-Inari Trilateral Park between Norway, Russia and Finland (2008 and 2013)
PAN Parks Foundation
The certificate is awarded to extensive wilderness-like protected areas that successfully combine nature conservation and sustainable nature tourism.